This blog is in memory of my amzing mom who always made sure I had a home cooked meal on the table. I hope to pass the tradition on to my children.



Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mmmmm....Hamburgers & Cupcakes!

So, tonight I am not going fancy, but I am going all american. I decided tonight we would have good ol' American hamburgers & french fries, and for dessert Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes. I am not posting the recipe for hamburgers & fries, but I will post the cupcake recipe.

Summer and hamburgers are my fondest memories as a child. The next fondest memory is my mommy's cupcakes. They could make a booboo feel better, boy troubles dissapear, and help best friends make up. Cupcakes are amazingly good & sinful....who doesn't love a good decident cupcake? I love cupcakes so much I am even thinking about getting a cupcake tattoo...lol

Amazing Chocolate Cherry Cupcake

Ingredients:

1 stick butter (room temp)
1 1/4 C sugar
2 eggs (room temp)
3/4 C flour
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 C whole milk
1 t vanilla
1/8 t  LorAnn Gourmet Cherry Flavor (Highly Concentrated)
*You can use 1/4 t if you want a strong cherry flavor

Yeild 12-14 Cupcakes
Method: Preheat oven to 375, then turn down to 350 just before baking

1. Beat butter with an electric mixer until soft, then add in sugar. Beat about 3min.
2. Add eggs one at a time beating until they are combined.
3. Combine dry ingrediants in a seperate bowl, whisk to combine them.
4. Add 1/3 of the dry ingrediants to the butter and sugar and mix just to combine. Add 1/2the liquids, scrape sides of bowl and mix to combine. Continue adding dry and wet ingredients to bowl, making sure you end with dry.
5. Fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way full and bake for 20-22 min. Allow to cool before frosting.

Chocolate Buttercream

1 stick butter (room temp)
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
4 C powdered sugar
1/4 C milk (plus a few tbs to adjust consistancy)
1 t vanilla

Beat butter and cocoa until smooth. Add sugar 1 c at a time, beating with each addition. Add milk and vanill. Beat for 3min.

No comments:

Post a Comment