This blog is in memory of my amzing mom who always made sure I had a home cooked meal on the table. I hope to pass the tradition on to my children.



Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Meal for My Man

Tonight's meal is one of my husbands favorites.....It is not one I eat, so I will have left over stew. The meal I am making for him tonight is one that him mom used to make for him and his dad. It is easy and pretty cheap. I don't really have much else to say about it. Hope you like SPAM!!!!!!!!!!

Chinese Noodles

Ingredients

1 can SPAM cut in small cubes
2 eggs
1 16oz. box angel hair pasta
1 can Beef Consume
Soy Sauce (no exact amount- add to taste)

1. Boil Angel Hair pasta until done.
2. Heat up beef consume (as directed on can)
2. Fry cut up spam in pan.
3. Beat eggs and add to spam.
4. Move SPAM and egg mixture to large bowl.
5. Top SPAM mixture with noodles, Beef Consume, and soy sauce (add to taste)


There it is easy as apple pie! My husband eats some for dinner and then reheats it the next day for his lunch or even breakfast.

Since I had leftovers for dinner I thought I deserved a pretty easy dessert....Chocolate Ice Cream with Straberry Topping......nummmers!

Strawberry Topping

Ingredients

1 16oz bag frozen Strawberries thawed
1/8- 1/4c Splenda (more or less depending on taste buds)
1/2 tsp vanilla

1. Mush up thawed strawberries in pot with potato masher
2. Cook on medium heat stiring often
3. Add splenda and vanilla
4. Continue to cook until a little thick.

Let cool before adding to ice cream....Enjoy!



I have no kids as of tonight through the whole weekend, so I am probably going to make my poor hubby fend for himself. Either that or it will be hot dogs and hamburgers.....lol

Have a great weekend and eat some delish food for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment